To refresh your knowledge
If you believe in natural solutions, royal jelly extract is for you. Bees feed the queen-bee with this nutrient concentrate. The consumption of royal jelly concentrate is beneficial for humans as well.
Royal jelly is a milky-white, jelly-like mucus, which is synthesized in the pharyngeal glands of worker bees. With this secret they feed their young and mostly the queen bee. Thanks to this substance queen bee is able to lay her eggs 1000-1500 daily and unlike "workers" who live only a few weeks, she lives about 3 to 5 years. From a chemical point of view, royal jelly emulsion is water-based, which is composed of proteins, carbohydrates, lipids and several other ingredients. Studies of its effects continue today. Here we should focus our attention on some lesser-known research results.
Honey bees use pollen and a special secretion from glands in their head, to produce a nutrient rich substance called royal jelly. Royal jelly is fed to all larvae in the hive to provide nutritional support for rapid growth, but it also is used to trigger the morphology that turns a regular larva into a queen bee. If a larva receives royal jelly exclusively from the time of hatching, and in large quantities, it becomes a queen bee. Unlike worker bees that live, on average, for four to six weeks, a queen bee can live for three to five years, and in that time produce hundreds of thousands of eggs. A testament to the exceptional nutrition the queen bee receives is the fact that, in a single day, she can lay more than her own body weight in eggs.
5 benefits of using royal jelly
1. Japanese scientists have observed that purified royal jelly is similar to the substances in the body that stimulates the production of factors responsible for the synthesis of collagen. Research scientists prove that royal jelly stimulates the production of collagen in the skin.
Identification of factors stimulating the production of collagen derived from an extract of royal jelly and possible mechanisms of action). Identification of a collagen production-promoting factor from an extract of royal jelly and its possible mechani. Koya-Miyata et al, Fujisaki Institute, Japan, BioSci BioTechnol BioChem. 2004 Apr; 68 (4): 767-73.
2. Anti-inflammatory action of royal jelly it is proven in the study cell. The anti-inflammatory action of royal jelly was discovered by Japanese researchers.
Royal jelly suppresses production of proinflammatory cytokines by activated macrophages.
Royal Jelly inhibits the production of proinflammatory cytokines by activated macrophages. Kohno et al, Fujisaki Institute, Japan. BioSci BioTechnol BioChem. 2004 Jan; 68 (1): 138-45.
3. Anti-inflammatory action of royal jelly, shown in cell research. The anti-inflammatory action of royal jelly was discovered by Japanese researchers.
Royal jelly inhibits the production of proinflammatory cytokines by activated macrophages. Royal Jelly inhibits the production of proinflammatory cytokines by activated macrophages. Kohno et al, Fujisaki Institute, Japan. BioSci BioTechnol BioChem. 2004 Jan; 68 (1): 138-45.
4. Royal Jelly reduces physical exhaustion. In a study, researchers put mice to swim in a pool with adjustable flow. They found that mice fed with proteins derived from bee jelly, accumulate much less lactate in serum, suggesting that royal jelly reduces physical exhaustion.
Increase the tone effect of fresh royal jelly in mice. Antifatique effect of fresh royal jelly in mice. Kamakura et al, Pola Co., Japan. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2001 Dec; 47 (6): 394-401.
5. Royal jelly has an antibacterial effect. In 2004 in Brazil, R. Fontana and coworkers identified four peptides in royal jelly, which have antimicrobial activity.
Family of antimicrobial peptides from royal jelly of bees. Jelleines; a family of antimicrobial peptides from the royal jelly of honeybees. Peptides. 2004 Jun; 25 (6): 919-28.
Royal jelly contains many substances that are beneficial for human health. It is rich in quality protein, containing all 18 amino acids. It also contains simple carbohydrates, B-complex vitamins, trace minerals and enzymes, and helps support a healthy immune system with antibiotic components. It is also source of acetylcholine, a key compound in the proper functioning of the central nervous system.
The density of nutrients in royal jelly help support optimum health and vitality, and it is suitable for those wishing to follow a natural diet.